Handling equals key on dedicated numpad (possibly an Alt+Enter hardkey)

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
gsuberland

Handling equals key on dedicated numpad (possibly an Alt+Enter hardkey)

Post by gsuberland » 26 Jan 2022, 19:35

I've got a separate numpad keyboard with its own Esc, Tab, Equals, and Backspace keys. I have no use for the first three, so I'm using HIDmacros to remap them.

The Esc and Tab keys work just fine - I've got them set up as predefined macros to launch Task Manager and Notepad. The Equals key is giving me problems, though. When I click Scan and press the key, it is detected as key 18 from Keyb1. When I press the key with another window focused, the test area shows key 18 from Keyb1. However, the macro is never triggered. If I change the trigger key to something else, it works perfectly.

18 is VK_MENU (alt), so my guess is that the keypad is actually sending Alt+Enter. I get the same behaviour on my main keyboard when I manually press Alt+Enter, so that tracks.

What's throwing me, though, is that HIDmacros is clearly detecting the key press, and the detected scan code matches the configured scan code for the macro, but it doesn't launch the application. Is there a special-case handler in the code that's causing the macro to be ignored even though it's configured to match VK_MENU, or is something else going on?

If it is a special case handler that's causing my macro to be ignored, is there a way to disable that behaviour for this macro/keyboard? Since that keyboard doesn't have an Alt key, the only way Alt can be pressed from there is if I hit that Equals key.

I'm just using the macros GUI currently, since it's convenient, but I can write a script if needed.