space bar Key and Alt key

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
adamhuman

space bar Key and Alt key

Post by adamhuman » 11 Oct 2020, 20:30

so i get a new Keypad to use it with photoshop
and i need to remap the Numpad0 as SpaceBar and the * as Alt key
note : "in photoshop i can't remap spacebar and alt in the settings , it does not allow"
so that's why im trying to use HID Macros for this purpose

i tried to use % as the Alt key but it does not trigger alt key inside photoshop
same as using Scripts such as :

Code: Select all

HIDMacros.SendKeys CHR(18)

admin
Site Admin

Re: space bar Key and Alt key

Post by admin » 12 Oct 2020, 07:55

I think you won't be able to send alt only from HidMacros. Just combination
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

defaultfonts

Re: space bar Key and Alt key

Post by defaultfonts » 20 Jan 2021, 05:07

I'm also trying to make a keypad for photoshop! Along with the space bar and Alt key, I wanted mine to include shift and control. Using the special symbols (^, +, %, etc.) I was able to map my keypad do those functions successfully, (which I confirmed by going to a keyboard checker website), but the problem from there was that I was unable to hold down a key and have it behave like it normally would on my laptop's keyboard. For example, on my laptop, I can press and hold the ctrl button, and it shows as if I have only pressed it once. With the ctrl key that I mapped using HIDMacros (the one on my keypad), if I press and hold ctrl it shows that the key is being pressed numerous times very, very fast.
This makes me think that the issue is that mapped keys are unable to reflect that they're being held. I think that's why they don't work in photoshop - because in order for those keys to work properly in photoshop, they need to be held down.

I think it is not possible to achieve the desired effect in HIDMacros, however I saw a post saying that KeyDown and KeyUp functionality is enabled in LuaMacros. Now here is my personal problem, as I am admittedly not a programmer. I don't know what the script for this function would be in LuaMacros, and I'm hoping maybe someone could help me figure that out. Does anyone know what the script would be to represent a held down key?