Mouse, display off, url shortcut - Macro questions

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
rainlight

Mouse, display off, url shortcut - Macro questions

Post by rainlight » 05 Jun 2019, 19:15

First, thank you very much Petr for helping us all out with your application!

Four questions,
1) I want to ask if it's possible to change an extra mouse's (left/right) click to "page down".
I scanned the mouse's (right) click button to perform "page down" but it still "(right) clicks" like usual.

2) Is there a way to create a macro to turn off the laptop's screen display through this application?

3) My laptop's keyboard can turn off the screen display through Fn+f7, but is there a modifier for Fn? I already read that multimedia keys cannot fire macros, so I guess this won't work anyways?

4) Is there an easy way to macro specific URL links through this application? Say opening youtube.com with a key press?
My method so far is macroing the keys to run saved URL shortcuts on the desktop, but is there a better method or a script method?

Thanks again and thanks a bunch! :)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Mouse, display off, url shortcut - Macro questions

Post by admin » 06 Jun 2019, 08:09

ad 1) I think I dropped mouse support in luamacros just for this reason - there were scenarios when I couldn't block the mouse click. So if you're still receiving it there's nothing you can improve on your side

ad 2) not by some built-in way. Unless you find some VB script/command to do that

ad 3) Fn key is usually handled on hardware level and is not received in windows API at all (AFAIK). So your worries are correct

ad 4) I think this should be possible via some VB script command. Try to google something like "opening url via VB script"

Sorry for giving you negative answers :-/
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author