HidMacros with a CNC running under Mach3

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
petra

HidMacros with a CNC running under Mach3

Post by petra » 07 Sep 2018, 11:35

Hi all,

I'm currently building a pendant for my CNC, based on a hacked standard USB keyboard. I incidently found this software that seems to be _the_ solution to the difficulty to program a single key emulating several keypresses. In parallel, I'want to keep the standard keyboard/mouse for Windows and for controlling the Mach3 screens.
Unfortunately, my firsts attempts did not end with any hope.
I don't have FS installed. I'm wandering if HidMacros is depending on it or even some embedded dlls.

Basically, I'd like to record alt (or <ctrl, shift, alt-ctrl, ...) + a key under another single key for example A key triggering Alt-A ; B key triggering Ctrl-A, C for Alt-Ctrl-A ... while the combinations of Alt-A, Shift-A, Ctrl-A would generate 3 another sequences ; same for B, C, ... .

On the opposite end, Mach3 is using scan codes to translate key presses into commands. I google the web not ending with any correspondence between keypresses and scan codes. It seems proprietary to Mach3. Proceeding by trials and errors it's possible to determine a number of them. In Hidmacros, may it be any relation between the key presses and the above codes delivered to the program (Mach3) ?

I'd be glad to read about people's experience on the topic.

A dumb question: regarding Hidmacros, what luamacro is ? I went to github but the provided information doesn't speak me too much.

Thanks in advance

admin
Site Admin

Re: HidMacros with a CNC running under Mach3

Post by admin » 10 Sep 2018, 09:04

Regaring your "dumb question", read viewtopic.php?f=10&t=241#p794
If you're able to do some scripting in lua, use luamacros.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author