Writing script for FSUIPC mouse macros

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
Mumrose

Writing script for FSUIPC mouse macros

Post by Mumrose » 07 Nov 2014, 19:30

I'm engaged in setting up a Cherry SPOS keyboard as an overhead panel.
So far I've set up mouse macros using FSUIPC for 92 buttons, but, despite reading through the HIDMacros documentation I've come up against a brick wall trying to write scripts in HIDMacros.
a typical example is an FSUIPC mouse macro named OVHD BluePump, which cannot be processed as a SimConnect event and requires a script to trigger it.
I'm trying to learn VBScript, but it going to take a long time.

Can anyone help out here and provide the required lines of script. Would be much appreciated.

Larry

Re: Writing script for FSUIPC mouse macros

Post by Larry » 13 Jan 2015, 01:38

Hi,
I too am working on home cockpit. I find getting scripts already written is like pulling teeth. Home built simulators are a specialized market and you will find few people willing to offer much information. Most people will tell you to "READ THE MANUAL", or "SEARCH THE WEB TO LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM" etc. I'm sure you have already done that latter or you would not have posted here.
However this site you can find some help, it might not exactly resolve your problem, but will lead you in the right direction. HIDMacros is great due to the unlimited amount of keystrokes you can offer to an aircraft. If you have found an answer, PLEASE let me know, and if I find an answer I will let you know. Search my posts you will see I have the same problem with an CDU display I am building. I am currently trying to use the "mouse click" script but have not succeeded. Larry

See attached file showing home built overhead panel. Panel is now complete, it is an old picture.
Attachments
IMG_20130601_180433-web.jpg
IMG_20130601_180433-web.jpg (220.63 KiB) Viewed 7287 times

Mumrose

Re: Writing script for FSUIPC mouse macros

Post by Mumrose » 26 Mar 2015, 20:12

Here's a Noddy Guide you might find useful.

First thing is to create all your mouse macros in FSUIPC (as described in the very comprehensive FSUIPC Guide -- page 40 I think).
Open up HID Macros and ensure that your keyboard is recognised and listed under Devices.
Select the Macros tab and select New. Note that it is necessary to create a macro for each button to be programmed. Name your macro anything you want, though it's helpful to call it something that corresponds closely to the function to be achieved e.g. atrgreenpump
Now select the Scan button and press the desired key on your keyboard that will operate the function.
Select the Scripted tab and in the window that appears type:

HIDMacros.SetFSUIPCString &H0D70,40, "ATR72:OVHD Green Pump"

ATR72 is the name of my FSUIPC Profile. OVHD Green Pump is the name allocated to the button when creating the mouse macro.

Select Compile.
Save Configuration.

Repeat for all the other keys you need.