How do you script SimConnect

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
Baobob

How do you script SimConnect

Post by Baobob » 12 Dec 2011, 04:12

Can anyone tell me "How To" script a hotkey to activate simconnect without using a mouse macro? I need to be able to do this without fsx loosing focus.

Bao
Fly Well,
Bao

"Getting it up there is all well and good. Lets just get it back down in one piece shall we?"

admin
Site Admin

Re: How do you script SimConnect

Post by admin » 12 Dec 2011, 14:37

Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

Baobob

Post by Baobob » 13 Dec 2011, 22:51

I think you may misunderstand me... I'm not asking about invoking the SimcConnect events. I'm asking about the HIDmacros application itself, spacificly as if clicking on the SimConnect button in the upper left hand corner of the application UI but doing it with a direct command for both starting and stopping the SimConnect communication for HID macros.

Another way for me to create this same functionality would be to give the ability to run more than one copy of HIDMacros at the same time. But I don't know if that is possible the way you have written the code.

I have started trying to write some how to posts in plain language because for people who are not already masters at VBscript and calling FSUIPC functions the scripting reference is very difficult to understand on some points. This is why I am asking for some clarification on this matter.

I have also been trying to get someone to send me an example script for invoking an FSUIPC command in the following manner:

I with to open fsuipc and link a LUA script to a one of FSUIPC's "fake" controller buttons and then have HIDmacros send the signal to press that fake button. I have been told it is able to be done but I do not understand how to write the code... if someone can send me an example of this or post it here I will play with it until I have a good understanding and then write a "How to" on this as well. The more we share knowledge and ideas the more we can grow the HIDmacros community and improve the flight sim community as a whole.

Thanks
Bao
Fly Well,
Bao

"Getting it up there is all well and good. Lets just get it back down in one piece shall we?"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 14 Dec 2011, 08:20

I see...
I usually start HIDmacros after FSX (or using automatic start with xml file). But I suppose you have HIDmacros already running in the background and once you start FSX you need HIDmacros to activate SimConnect using some macro.
Hmm, I can add some internal command to scripting engine for this - in similar way as Xplane moving map can be activated.
Would it solve your problem?

Regarding LUA scripts: I don't have registered FSUIPC so can not tell..
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

Baobob

Post by Baobob » 15 Dec 2011, 05:28

Yes... But I also need to be able to stop or disconnect from SimConnect...

Thank you... and please, Keep up the excellent work
Fly Well,
Bao