System ID

Report application bugs here
JoK1ng

System ID

Post by JoK1ng » 10 Jul 2020, 16:17

When pressing a button on my second keyboard a device gets triggered which is not plugged in. It`s system ID is "\\MICROSOFT KEYBOARD RID\0" and i can`t find it in the device manager. I would like to know where HID macros is getting it´s information from and how I can delete the keyboard since it´s interfering with the macros from my other keyboard.

Greetings, JoK1ng

admin
Site Admin

Re: System ID

Post by admin » 13 Jul 2020, 09:20

There's xml file in the same folder as hidmacros.exe. When you open it, you should see xml element with devices and be able to remove the device. Or you can delete this file completely and start from scratch.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

JoK1ng

Post by JoK1ng » 13 Jul 2020, 09:30

I just found that file. I might have explained bad what I am looking for. I would like to know where hidmacros is getting it's information from. Because every time I use my second keyboard another keypress gets detected at the same time. If I press the space key on my second keyboard another key on another keyboard gets triggered which causes the program to not constantly recognise the button I pressed. The problem is that I don't know where this keyboard is since it is not plugged in or connected in any other way and since I can't find where the keyboard is located because it doesn't show up anywhere I can't delete it either. That's why I want to know how to backtrack the system id the unknown keyboard is giving me. The system id was \\?\MICROSOFT KEYBOARD RID\0

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 13 Jul 2020, 22:21

Probably don't understand your problem description.
I you start with fresh config file, hidmacros lists only detected keyboards. Maybe you have some virtual keyboard (driver) in your system.
And to answer your question, Hidmacros is using "standard way" to detect keyboards using windows raw device API, the code is here: https://github.com/me2d13/hidmacros/blo ... l.pas#L140
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author