Games are running mapped keys, how to avoid

Documentation. First post is always kind of manual page, being continuously updated by author. Following posts are discussion about the topic.
GeneralNovais

Games are running mapped keys, how to avoid

Post by GeneralNovais » 22 May 2020, 18:41

Good Morning,
I recently started using LuaMacros to create a poor Stream Deck :) and I'm really enjoying it, you have to help me a lot. I even thank the creators.

However, I'm having a problem that I can't get around.

I have a script, calm, when I open a notepad for example and run my maps in the notepad, the result comes out in OBS STUDIO normally and in the notepad no key is typed. In any application with a browser, pages, text fields, etc ... if I press 'C' the 'C' map is executed and everything goes well.

However, when I join a game, things change and when pressing 'C' in addition to executing the programmed map (successfully) it also performs an action in the game related to that 'C' key.

For example, if I have an action on pressing 'R' that will do something in OB STUDIO, then pressing the 'R' on the notepad, browser and etc ... this action occurs in OBS and no 'R' appears in the text fields, or in the notepad. But, when doing the same thing within the game, pressing the letter 'R' in addition to executing the OBS map he also reloads the player's weapon.

How could I prevent the game from identifying the keys typed on the second keyboard?
as I said, in any other application it works perfectly, but not in games.

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Games are running mapped keys, how to avoid

Post by admin » 25 May 2020, 07:27

You (and luamacros) can't. Read some explanation here: https://github.com/me2d13/luamacros/wik ... -keyboards
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

GeneralNovais

Re: Games are running mapped keys, how to avoid

Post by GeneralNovais » 27 May 2020, 20:59

Thanks for the answer.
What I find strange is that, I have the mapping running perfectly right, if I open a notepad for example and press "L" on the second keyboard, he does not type "L" he does nothing, as if I had never pressed the key. If I open the google chrome navigation bar and type 'L' it does nothing, as if I hadn't pressed anything, any application that I try to use the 'L' key that is mapped on LuaMacros it does absolutely NOTHING!
Only within games, it appears that the keys function as if nothing has been remapped.