Remapping special keys

Announcements, questions
LVUER

Remapping special keys

Post by LVUER » 26 Jun 2019, 10:50

Hi, I'm new here. And this is my first time using LuaMacros.

I have a normal generic USB numeric keyboard (those cheap keyboard under 5USD) and I want to map entire keys. I don't have any problem with normal keys (like 1, 2, 3, +, -, etc). But my numeric keyboard have 4 special keys and they're just lying around, unused, so I also want to remap them.

One of the special key is TAB, which is also no problem in remapping it. But the rest are Home key (Internet browser), Email key (Outlook), and Calculator key. And all of them can't be remapped at all. Even after I blocked entire keyboard (all normal keys are not functional, but special keys work like normal). I've also tried various other software like KeyTweak, Sharpkey, and several others, all failed. They don't even recognized the key pressed (they detect the event, but not which specific key).

I used HIDMacros to detect the event, and it can detect the key pressed just fine. Which keyboard is pressed and which keys (all special keys have different result, unlike other software I mentioned above which all of them only result in one same key). But even after I blocked the key (using both HIDMacros and Luamacros) or map the key into something else entirely, there are no changes.

Anyone can help me with this?